When you are a new pet owner, you are always conscious of what your pet eats, as you wish to keep them healthy for a long time. Keep in mind that most of your cat’s intake should be nutritional cat food, but there are times when you can treat your cat with human foods.
Here, we will inform you about the human foods your cat can eat in a small quantity.
- Meat – Cats love eating meat, and it is great for their heart! Furthermore, meat offers them a great vision and helps them maintain a healthy reproductive system. You can feed your cat, cooked chicken, beef, turkey, or lean deli meats. Make sure you do not feed them spoiled or raw meat, as it will make them sick.
- Whole Grains – Oats are a great source of protein, and they are really easy to make. Some cats like polenta, corn, also ground cornmeal, which offers great texture. You can offer them brown rice, but you should mash them before you serve them. Keep in mind that no matter what grain you serve them, they should be properly cooked so they can digest them easily.
- Fish – They contain a lot of omega 3 fatty acids, and will help your cat stay sharp. In addition, it will help them with kidney, heart disorders, and arthritis. Never share sushi, or any other raw fish with your cat. The fish you offer them should be completely cooked and bone free.
- Eggs – A great source of protein, just make sure the eggs you serve your cat are cooked properly. Similar to raw fish or meat, raw eggs will harm the health of your cat.
- Veggies – Only a few cats like vegetables or fruits, as they are unable to taste the sweet flavor. However, veggies and fruits are a great source of vitamins and are full of fibers that will help them during the digestion process. So, you should consider feeding them fresh cantaloupe, or cucumber, some steamed asparagus, or broccoli. The best way is to boil these vegetables and make a veggie burger from the mash.
- Cheese – Is high in protein, but you should only feed it in small amounts. The protein in cheese is not as much as in meat, eggs, or fish. Your cat’s stomach might not be able to handle dairy.
Here are foods your cat shouldn’t eat:
- Chocolate in any form
- Raisins or Grapes
- Garlic or Onions
- Bread Dough in any form
- Macadamia Nuts
- Anything with Alcohol
- Anything sugar-free, or candies or gum that is sugar-free, or contain artificial sweetener
Cats are curious by nature, so keep these things well out of their reach. If they do end up eating these human foods, it will be ideal to rush them to your vet.
You can read the full article on the food you should never give your pet here.
Originally posted 2017-06-18 05:37:02.