Several Dogs Burned After Texas Kennel Catches Fire

Building engulfed in flames. Credit: NPR


Several pups suffered severe burns after their kennel that housed over 20 dogs caught fire. All the dogs were strays from the streets of South Texas where the residence is situated.

The kennel had been using electrical heat lamps to keep the dogs warm after a series of chilly days . Unfortunately, on the fateful day, one dog accidentally hit a lamp, starting the fire.

One owner raised an alarm after seeing smoke coming from the kennels. The other rushed to save the dogs, but by the time he arrived, the fire had engulfed the outside kennels, trapping the dogs in the flames. Braving the flames, he opened the kennel doors and put out the fire.

While several were injured, many more were spared because of the owners’ quick actions.

Sharing is caring...

Kindly follow our Twitter

More stories…

What are your thoughts?