Grieving Dog Owner Warns of the Dangers of Rope Toys

A dog biting a rope toy held by a person.

A devastated dog owner turned to social media to warn of the dangers of rope toys for dogs after the disturbing death of one of her dogs, EdinburghLive reports.

Indira Tuckler, a golden retriever breeder, lost one of her pooches after it ate a 3 ft. rope from an unwrangled rope ball which twisted around and perforated the dog’s intestines.

The pet died two days after a surgery that removed the damaged part of the intestines.

Vets warn that ropes and strings are among the most dangerous pet toys because they can easily get unwraped and ingested by an animal, leading to internal injuries.

Pet owners should pay due care to what they let their animals play wtih.

The Humane Society of the United States warns that “The things that are usually most attractive to dogs are often the very things that are the most dangerous. Dog-proof your home by removing string, ribbon, rubber bands, children’s toys, pantyhose and other inedible items that could be swallowed.”

Toys that can come loose or have small parts attached to them are particularly dangerous despite their seeming sturdiness.

Animal experts also warn that pulling swallowed objects coming from dogs and cats anuses “can have catastrophic consequences”.

Pets with objects coming out of their behinds should be broguht to a vet ASAP.

Another thing that pet owners should watch out for is pet toys with an untraceable origin that might have been colored with toxic paints.

Ehm! Stay Current About News Affairs Regarding Pets and Animals Around The Globe!
Sharing is caring...

Kindly follow our Twitter

More stories…

1 Comment. Leave new

What are your thoughts?

Menu