You are probably a cat owner with decades of experience and knowledge of cats. But there are many more facts about cats you are yet to know and I bet this article is surely going to expose your little knowledge about cats.
Below are some interesting facts about cats:
- The richest cat in the world is worth a whopping sum of $12.5 million! It was an inheritance from its owner.
- The longest living cat on record died at the age of 38.
- The largest litter of cats ever birthed on record was 19 kittens.
- Cats dream just like humans; they have a brain structure that is 90% similar to that of humans.
- Cats are long-sighted; they can’t properly focus on anything too close.
- Cats don’t have collarbones; it’s why they can easily sneak through a small opening.
- Eating chocolate can make cats sick just like dogs.
- Every 1 in 3 cats is a serial killer.
- Cats taste tooth are insensitive to sweet things.
- Cats have good senses of hearing, they hear about four times as well as humans.
- Cats are capable of distinguishing flavors in water.
- About four million felines are eaten yearly throughout Asia.
- Male cats are mostly left pawed while female cats are mostly right-pawed.
- There are about 40 identified breeds of cats worldwide.
- A cat can survive a fall of about 65 feet!
- In ancient Egypt, cats smuggling is an offense punishable by death.
- Cats have a special ability to find their way back home when lost outdoors.
- The most expensive cats in the record were sold for $154,000.
- Cats are fast runners; they can cover 30mph.
- A group of cats is called a “clowder”
- Cats are the most popular pets in North America; there are about 73million cats compared to 63million dogs.
- In ancient Egypt, whenever a cat dies, the owners’ family used to shave off their eyebrows as a sign of mourning.
- A cat is able to jump up to five times its own height.
- Cats love their resting time as they spend about 2/3 of the day sleeping, you could say that a nine-year-old cat has been awake for only 3 years of its life.
- Cats only meow at humans; they don’t do so at each other.
- A cat lover is called: ailurophile.
- A tower was built in Scotland in honor of a cat called Towser, who caught about 30,000 mice in her lifetime.
- A cat has 230 bones. That bizarre compared to humans 206 bones.
- A pair of cats and their kittens can multiply up to 420,000 in just seven years.
- Cats spend about 1/3 of their time in a day, cleaning their bodies.
- Cats have a high sensitivity to vibrations.
There you have it! You now know much about your cat!
Join other pet parents and never miss articles just like this!
(we paw promise never to spam)