You are probably a cat owner with decades of experience and knowledge of cats. But there are many more facts about cats you are yet to know and I bet this article is surely going to expose your little knowledge about cats.
Below are some interesting facts about cats:
- The richest cat in the world is worth a whopping sum of $12.5 million! It was an inheritance from its owner.
- The longest living cat on record died at the age of 38.
- The largest litter of cats ever birthed on record was 19 kittens.
- Cats dream just like humans; they have a brain structure that is 90% similar to that of humans.
- Cats are long-sighted; they can’t properly focus on anything too close.
- Cats don’t have collarbones; it’s why they can easily sneak through a small opening.
- Eating chocolate can make cats sick just like dogs.
- Every 1 in 3 cats is a serial killer.
- Cats taste tooth are insensitive to sweet things.
- Cats have good senses of hearing, they hear about four times as well as humans.
- Cats are capable of distinguishing flavors in water.
- About four million felines are eaten yearly throughout Asia.
- Male cats are mostly left pawed while female cats are mostly right-pawed.
- There are about 40 identified breeds of cats worldwide.
- A cat can survive a fall of about 65 feet!
- In ancient Egypt, cats smuggling is an offense punishable by death.
- Cats have a special ability to find their way back home when lost outdoors.
- The most expensive cats in the record were sold for $154,000.
- Cats are fast runners; they can cover 30mph.
- A group of cats is called a “clowder”
- Cats are the most popular pets in North America; there are about 73million cats compared to 63million dogs.
- In ancient Egypt, whenever a cat dies, the owners’ family used to shave off their eyebrows as a sign of mourning.
- A cat is able to jump up to five times its own height.
- Cats love their resting time as they spend about 2/3 of the day sleeping, you could say that a nine-year-old cat has been awake for only 3 years of its life.
- Cats only meow at humans; they don’t do so at each other.
- A cat lover is called: ailurophile.
- A tower was built in Scotland in honor of a cat called Towser, who caught about 30,000 mice in her lifetime.
- A cat has 230 bones. That bizarre compared to humans 206 bones.
- A pair of cats and their kittens can multiply up to 420,000 in just seven years.
- Cats spend about 1/3 of their time in a day, cleaning their bodies.
- Cats have a high sensitivity to vibrations.
There you have it! You now know much about your cat!
Originally posted 2018-01-06 06:41:15.